In over 50 years as an adult, you will prepare over 18,250 dinners. Here are numerous ideas on how to enhance the 10-20 standard meals you prepare using any of the more than 100 different flavorings listed. Most recipes are designed for quick preparation and can be prepared without changing your shopping habits
In A Busy Cook's Guide to Spices you will see how easy it is to:
- Spice a meat or vegetable you already have on hand and prepare a meal by using one of the many Preparation Ideas listed.
- Create new taste sensations through the better knowledge and use of spices.
- Avoid running to the store by using one of the many handy substitution lists.
- Prepare foods in healthier ways.
- Know what to look for when busying produce and meats.
- Spice and distinguish among different kind of pasta, mushrooms, beans, and more.
- Correct errors in cooking without starting over.
- Mix your own spice blends for Chinese, Italian, Southwestern or other flavors.
- Dazzle friends with interesting folklore about spices and their origin and uses.
- Pick a wine to accompany your newly spiced meal.
- Use the Equivalency Chart for measuring, baking and size conversions.