Spotlight Spice: Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
This week’s Spotlight Spice takes things back to the basics – it’s our Traditional Balsamic Vinegar.
This rich, flavorful balsamic comes to us from Modena, Italy, and just as its name implies, is produced in the traditional balsamic style. Italian Lambrusco, Sangiovese, and Trebbiano grapes are slowly cooked to create a grape must base which is then combined with barrel aged Sangiovese wine vinegar to start the acetification process.
The result? A dark balsamic vinegar with a delightful balance of sweet and sour and notes of prune and caramel with a smooth, slightly creamy texture.
We use this balsamic on just about everything…try:
- Combining with nearly any of our Extra Virgin Olive Oils or flavored olive oils for a flavorful vinaigrette or marinade
- Drizzling – along with our Basil Infused Olive Oil – over a fresh caprese salad of tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil
- Adding a unique, flavorful twist to your homemade jams
- Finishing soups, pizzas, grilled fish and meat, roasted veggies, and more
- Including in your favorite tomato-based sauces
- Drizzling over fresh berries and ice cream
Swing by the shop and give this flavorful balsamic a try at our tasting bar or pick up a bottle in the online store. Buon appetito!