Do you celebrate Star Wars Day, May the 4th?
Get it? “May the fourth be with you“?
Stop making that face! You’re going to get a headache from rolling your eyes like that!
Really – Star Wars Day is an actual thing, celebrated by actual people. And, since you’re going to have to wait until December to see the next installment in the Star Wars saga (Episode VII! The Force Awakens! Woo!), you might as well enjoy some fun (and punny) recipes that celebrate this nerdy, geeky holiday.
There are lots of sweet, silly Star Wars-themed dessert recipes out there on the Internet. Just Jenn has an especially good collection of cookies and cakes (and jello molds – think Han Solo suspended in a 9 x 13 pan of translucent, fruit-flavored “Carbonite”), with great photos.
- Chewschetta (aka Tomato, Basil and Red Onion Bruschetta)
- Baguette slices with Brie3PO (and some Mostarda to garnish your Brie)
- Han-burgers (aka Smokey New York Burgers)
- Boba Fett-uccine (aka Fettuccine Alfredo)
- C3 PO-tato salad (aka Potato Salad With Egg)
Close out the evening with some “Darth chocolate” bark, and a cup of hot R2-Decaf.