Promenade will feature carolers, horse drawn trolley rides, ice skating, open houses, festive windows and more. The weather is even cooperating, and promises to be warmer at the end of the week (thank goodness!)
Some highlights of this Friday’s event:
- Free horse drawn trolley rides 5-8pm
- Santa will be at Brenton Plaza from 5-6:30pm, then touring the village. He’ll light the trees at Brenton Plaza at about 5:50pm
- Skating and a food drive at Brenton Plaza
- Scenes from the Nutcracker performed by Ballet Des Moines at LifeServe Blood Center (across E. Locust Street from us) throughout the evening.
- Business open houses with festive window decor around the neighborhood
- Dancers and carolers throughout the Village
Here at the shop, our highlight is that we’ll be serving our signature Triple Ginger Cookies, alongside our new special favorite Spiced Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies (the winner of our cookie contest at this summer’s Iowa State Fair!), and warm mulled apple cider.
We’ll also have fun new gift boxes (along with our tried-and-true favorites) on display, and knowledgeable staff on hand to answer your culinary and gift-giving questions.
Want to learn more? We’ve got a list of many of the shops, businesses and restaurants participating in Friday’s Promenade on our blog.
Additional information is on the Historic East Village website as well.