An actual healthy State Fair snack (!), the Caprese Salad on a Stick, consists of:
- luscious locally-grown cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- interspersed with chunks of fresh mozzarella
all on a bamboo skewer for easy portability (and not-too-messy eating!).
- sliced apples dipped in
- funnel cake batter (made with AllSpice’s exclusive Apple Pie Spice Blend),
- deep fried and topped with cinnamon sugar…
- and drizzled with a little caramel glaze
Both of these stick-based treats are available throughout the run of the Iowa State Fair, August 13 – 23, at the Applishus food stand, on the Triangle and north of Walnut Square.
What’s your favorite State Fair Food-on-a-Stick? Did you find any new favorites this year? Let us know!