Thank you to all the folks who shared their favorite salad recipes with us over the past several weeks.
We were wowed by your ideas — you reminded us again just what creative and accomplished cooks you are!
The only downside to all these delicious ideas was trying to narrow it down to a single “favorite” salad recipe.
After much deliberation, Randy Sieberling won our May 2012 Favorite Summer Salad Contest with this recipe for Roasted Beet Salad with Avocado Oil Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese.
Randy expanded on our contest rule of “at least one ingredient should be an AllSpice product,” and sourced nearly all of the ingredients from Iowa growers and local businesses.
- Honey from Rinehart Family Farms
- Avocado Oil from AllSpice (editors’ note: we’re currently out of Avocado Oil, but the Roasted French Walnut Oil and many of our Olive Oils would fit this recipe nicely!)
- Eggs from Foxhollow Farm
- Sea salt and Tellicherry Black Pepper from AllSpice
- Beets from Cleverly Farms “Try it with baby Chioggia and Golden beets, cut in half before roasting! Ask the folks at Cleverly Farms to put together a mix for you. We had mustard greens with a definite taste of wasabi.”
- Reichart’s Dairy Air Chevre “is a great choice.”
We had so much going through the entries for this month’s recipe contest, we’re going to do it again in June with the Grill Baby Grill! recipe contest.
Please share your favorite recipe for the grill with us before June 16. The winner will receive the Barnyard boxed set of six grill-friendly rubs and blends.
We’ll be looking for your recipe in our inbox ( info at allspiceonline dot com ), or at this handy recipe-submitting link.